The Lobelia series is moving right along, and I’m quite pleased with how they’re turning out. The second (of four) has much the same pattern as the first, with a shift in how the threads interlace, resulting in a far more subtle effect. In fact, the pattern is nearly invisible, and is inordinately difficult to show in a photograph. Case in point ~
There’s just the slightest hint of the motifs on the left side of this view; the other shots I took showed pretty much no pattern at all. I suspect (make that hope) that when it’s off the loom, no longer under tension, washed and ironed, it’ll look more impressive. Nonetheless, the colors are glorious.
I’ve gotten a good start on the third piece in this series, and it’s looking good — softer weft color, making the overall effect quite different. Pictures in a day or two. Hold your breath.